Neshaminy School District Schools are typically closed on election day since many of the schools are polling places, however school will be in session today.
District officials following to ensure that students would complete 180 days of instruction by June 15.
Since students will be in school, the and will be implementing changes for voters todays.
According to the school district website, voting will take place in the gymnasium. Voters will not be able to enter the polling center through the main doors of the building. Voters will be asked to park on the playground blacktop and enter the polling center through the exterior gym doors. In addition:
- “B” wing doors will be locked so voters will not be able to access the building.
- Students will have indoor recess and PE instruction in their classrooms.
- Lunch will take place during the usual times in the cafeteria.
- All buses will pick up in the front of the building.
- Kids Club will take place in the cafeteria during both AM and PM. Students attending Kids Club will receive more specific information directly from Kids Club.
- Evening activities will be cancelled.
At , voting will be held in the gymnasium as well from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Poll workers will be given a visitor's badge to wear for the day .
According to the school's website, the set of double doors leading to the intermediate grade level hallway will be closed for the day. Voters will not enter the school through the main entrance; they will be able to enter the gym through a set of side double doors.
The school's staff is being asked to park in a lower parking lot so that the upper parking lot and street will be available for voters to park in.