1. According to Weather.com, there will be showers this morning, then it will be cloudy this afternoon with a high of 78 degrees. Then it will be partly cloudy early tonight with increasing clouds overnight and a low around 55 degrees.
2. This week, Patch wants to know where . Cast your vote for the place you think is best and leave a comment if we missed a great spot.
3. Today is May Day, Loyalty Day, Mother Goose Day, Save the Rhino Day and National Chocolate Parfait Day.
4. 's Race for Education is today. Students will be walking and jogging for an hour to help the school's PTO raise funds for additional Smart Boards for classrooms and to integrate more technology into the school. When a letter was sent out to parents April 20, it was announced that $17,354 had already been raised. Grade a.m. kindergarten through second will be running from 9:15 a.m. to 10:15 p.m. Third grade through fifth grade will be running 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. In case the weather does not cooperate, May 2 is the rain date.
5. Tonight is Friendly's Night for the Lower Southampton Elementary PTO. From 5 p.m. until 9 p.m., 10 percent of dinner sales will benefit the PTO.