With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to Pier 1 Imports and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors. They also have a variety of beautifully-scented candles and diffusers.
- Go to Always Flowers, Fortune Flowers & Gifts, Michael's or TJ Maxx for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to the Neshaminy Mall Barnes & Noble and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to Feasterville Family Bakery, Pie Land or Edible Arrangements to order a festive cake or pie, box of cookies or fruit arrangement that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Modell's Sporting Goods or Finish Line in the Neshaminy Mall and pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes, golf clubs or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to our local Wine & Spirits store for a seasonal bottle of wine. A great seasonal option is Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau, a red wine that is a bit different every year and only becomes available the third Thursday of November.
- Go to Beauty 101 and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a spa treatment, makeup application for a special occassion or their unique option to create custom-blended makeup products.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.