Don't let the promise of a chilly Wednesday prevent you from enjoying National Frozen Yogurt Day. Stop in at your favorite self-serve shop and create a delicious dessert in honor of the special day.
There's been a boom in the frozen yogurt market, with dozens of stores opening in Bucks and Montgomery counties over the past year. The low-fat alternative to ice cream has proven to be a favorite choice in today's health-conscious environment. The added perk of self-serve yogurt and toppings has also helped the industry's popularity.
Just be careful with those toppings. There may be fewer calories in a bowl of frozen yogurt, but that advantage begins to slip away once you start shoveling on crunched up Kit Kat Bars or Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
You can dip into your own cup at one of the following locations:
- Top it Frozen Yogurt Café, 110 Lincoln Highway, Fairless Hills
- Mojo’s, 546 Andrews Rd., Trevose
- Yapple Frozen Yogurt, 1319 E. Lincoln Highway, Levittown
- The Yogurt Cup, 187 Kenwood Dr., Levittown
- RedBerry Frozen Yogurt, 2830 S. Eagle Rd., Newtown
Tell us your favorite yogurt and topping combinations in the comments!