May 4: Walk for Autism Awareness
Here are the five things you need to know May 4, 2012.
1. According to the National Weather Service, there will be areas of fog this morning before 9 a.m. Then there's a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3 p.m. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Otherwise, it will be cloudy and then gradually become mostly sunny, with a high near 90 degrees. Overnight, it will be mostly cloudy with a low around 64 degrees and a chance of showers and thunderstorms.
2. You only have until 9 a.m. today to get your vote in for the best place for Mother's Day brunch. Cast your vote and leave a comment if we missed a great spot. Check back at noon to find out the winner of the poll and what next week's Readers' Choice poll.
3. Poquessing Middle School's student council has organized a walk for Autism awareness that is being held today at 1 p.m.
4. Starbucks' Frappuccino Happy Hour is back! Stop into the Feasterville Starbucks today through May 13 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. for any size and any flavor frappuccino at half price.
5. Start your weekend early and unwind with local happy hours. Enjoy half price drinks and sushi in the Tavern at the Buck Hotel's happy hour from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Indulge in $2 drafts, $5 appetizers and $5 glasses of premium wine at Chow284's 284 Happy Hour from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.